Our Curriculum Values and Vision
Perivale Primary School shares a vision of aspirational individuals who exceed expectation and enjoy education, where Excellence is at the centre of all we do.
Alongside British Values, five school values are the foundation of our curriculum: Kindness, Excellence, Respect, Resilience and Enjoyment. These help children to ignite their passion for learning and contribute positively to their community and the ever-changing world around them.
Our core expectations of the curriculum are:
- All children will have a firm grasp of the fundamental skills in reading, writing and maths by the end of KS1 to enable them to access to the KS2 curriculum
- All children will develop a sense of belonging through links and engagement with the local community
- All children will participate in carefully planned experiences that enhance learning
- All children will work in a safe learning environment that encourages them to develop a growth mindset through the use of challenge
- Vocabulary development is an integral part of learning
- Subject skills and knowledge are embedded in to learning and developed through an engaging and structured curriculum
- Sequential learning will support children to become confident life-long learners
- The curriculum will raise individuals aspirations and talents
- Wellbeing is a core aspect of the curriculum
- Children are able to think critically using higher order thinking skills in the global community
Our curriculum will empower pupils to be aware of the issues facing society and have the confidence to think critically and act to make a difference as responsible citizens.